Saturday, April 5, 2014

Just Don't Eat the Apples! A Snow White Recommended Restaurant.

Daughter Kieran and I were driving on Roosevelt road in Wheaton on the way to see my tax accountant when we spotted an amazing "Seven Dwarfs Restaurant" street sign. Kieran yelled, "Can we stop there?!" just as I was already turning the wheel. I had promised her an adventure filled trip if she'd go with me on the hour drive there,
and now it seems I'd be able to deliver.
The place was wall to wall Snow White, with 20' long murals, individual paintings, woodcuts, Snow White posters and, oddly,  lots of photos of Jim Belushi. As our smiling helpful waitress informed us, John and Jim lived just around the corner as kids and both had jobs as busboys there. I'm sure everyone in the area is a big fan of the place, but for some guy from Chicago driving through, it seemed like a crazy wonderful mirage.
With good food.
Kieran's only complaint? It should be "Dwarves" not "Dwarfs"!

To learn more…
http://sevendwarfsrestaurant.com



















No comments:

Post a Comment